Brexit Latest: EU Exit Business Readiness (9th July 2019)
– 10 July 2019
Welcome to the latest in a series of business readiness bulletins, aimed at keeping trade associations, business representative bodies and business intermediaries up to date on the latest information and guidance for business on the UK exiting the EU.
The objective of this Bulletin is to signpost you to tools and resources to help you and your members prepare for the UK’s Exit from the EU.
EU Exit Business Readiness Forum
The next Forum will take place at the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy on Thursday 8 August, with remote participation available via WebEx. Invites with further details will be sent to relevant organisations under a separate cover in due course.
We would really like to hear from you if there is anything in particular that you would find useful for our upcoming forum, please share your thoughts with us via [email protected].
SME Business Growth and Support Workshops – Boston, Durham, Norwich and Taunton
The Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy is holding a series of workshops for SMEs on issues related to business growth and success. The events will allow businesses to set out their priorities on a range of businesses issues, including Brexit. Officials from across government will also be sharing information on operational areas that are expected to change when the UK leaves the EU and the preparations businesses need to make on areas including importing, exporting & transporting and employing EU citizens.
- Norwich – 24 July, 1:30-4pm – find out more and register here
- Taunton – 25 July, 3-5pm – find out more and register here
- Boston – 30 July, pm (exact time tbc) – register your interest
- Durham – 30 July, 09:30-11:30 – register your interest
Workforce and People
Home Office have provided guidance for caseworkers considering applications under the EU Settlement Scheme. Update – included a link to the National Archives website for previous versions of this guidance, including those used for the testing phases of the EU Settlement Scheme: EU Settlement Scheme caseworker guidance.
Home Office have provided information for EU citizens and their families applying to the EU Settlement Scheme. Update – assisted digital locations and assisted digital home visits have been updated: EU Settlement Scheme: Assisted Digital service.
Home Office have provided information for the community leader toolkit that equips local authorities and community groups with the right tools and information to support EU citizens and their families to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme. Update – updated local authority introduction and added factsheet 3: EU Settlement Scheme: community leader toolkit.
Regulations and Standards
NEW - A written Ministerial statement has been made to allow members of the public to view all EU legislation relevant to the UK exiting the EU: The government and The National Archives prepare for EU exit.
- what their business may need to do to prepare for the UK leaving the EU
- what’s changing in their sector
- information on specific rules and regulations
Businesses will need to answer 7 simple questions to get guidance relevant to their business.
Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy – Sector Primers
These sector primers aim to bring together on one webpage the top 3 – 5 issues for each sector and provide guidance. The primers link through to more detailed material elsewhere on GOV.UK. A final batch have now been published, please could you pass on to stakeholders and ask them to cascade through their networks. The sectors covered are:
- Aerospace: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-aerospace-sector-and-preparing-for-eu-exit
- Automotive: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-automotive-sector-and-preparing-for-eu-exit
- Chemicals: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-chemicals-sector-and-preparing-for-eu-exit
- Construction and Housing: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-construction-sector-and-preparing-for-eu-exit
- Consumer Goods: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-consumer-goods-sector-and-preparing-for-eu-exit
- Electricity incl. Renewables: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-electricity-sector-and-preparing-for-eu-exit
- Electronics, Machinery & Parts: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-electronics-machinery-and-parts-sector-and-preparing-for-eu-exit
- Gas Markets: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/gas-markets-and-preparing-for-eu-exit
- Life Sciences Sector: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-life-sciences-sector-and-preparing-for-eu-exit
- Mining and Non-metal Manufacturing: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/mining-the-manufacturing-of-non-metals-and-preparing-for-eu-exit
- Nuclear Sector: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-nuclear-sector-and-preparing-for-eu-exit
- Oil and Gas Production: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/oil-and-gas-production-and-preparing-for-eu-exit
- Parcel Delivery Services: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/parcel-delivery-services-and-preparing-for-eu-exit
- Professional & Business Services: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-professional-and-business-services-sector-and-preparing-for-eu-exit
- Research & Innovation: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-science-research-and-innovation-sector-and-preparing-for-a-no-deal-eu-exit
- Retail: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-retail-sector-and-preparing-for-eu-exit
- Space Sector: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-space-sector-and-preparing-for-eu-exit
- Steel: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/steel-and-other-metal-manufacturing-and-preparing-for-eu-exit
Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs – Sector Primers
- Fisheries Sector: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-fisheries-sector-and-preparing-for-eu-exit
- Food and Drink Sector: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-food-and-drink-sector-and-preparing-for-eu-exit
- Farming Sector: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-farming-sector-and-preparing-for-eu-exit
- Veterinary Sector: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-veterinary-sector-and-preparing-for-eu-exit
Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS)
DCMS have issued new guidance on what to expect on day one of a ‘no deal’ scenario if you’re a creative business, small arts organisation or sports organisation that currently travels only to the EU, such as:
- touring professional choir
- touring chamber orchestra
- touring string quartet
- small touring ballet company
- small touring theatre company
- school football team
- amateur sports team
- pop or rock band
EU Exit: Business Intelligence and Engagement Team
Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
Email: [email protected]