Cumbria LEP collaborates with ‘Walking With The Wounded’ for Cumbrian Challenge 2019
– 11 April 2019
Cumbria LEP is proud to be working in collaboration with the military not-for-profit ‘Walking With The Wounded‘, supporting hard-to-reach veterans into roles outside of the military.
The Cumbrian Challenge is a fundraising walk around the Cumbrian peaks in Grasmere, and is a fantastic way to forge new connections with key influencers, as well as meet some of the veterans Walking With The Wounded is supporting. At present, over 130 teams are signed up with over 500 local businessmen and women currently participating.
Details of the event are as follows:
- Date – Saturday 18th May 2019 – with registration, dinner and briefing from 4pm on Friday 17th May.
- Routes – Peak (15km, 900m ascent); Tough (22km 1350m ascent); Tougher (29km 1900m ascent).
- Fundraising – Each team is challenged to raise £2k to support a veteran from social isolation back into society. This is just a target – people attending are encouraged to simply raise whatever they can. The activity is a way to better understand the work that is going on in the veteran community.
- Location – Grasmere Sports Ground, Grasmere, Cumbria LA22 9SL.
- Camping – £25 per person to camp for the weekend (this fee does not go to the charity). Follow the prompt when registering your team.
- Restrictions – 18+ only. Dogs welcome.
For further information and application details, please see the following websites: