Brexit Latest: EU Exit Business Readiness
– 13 May 2019
Welcome to the latest in a series of business readiness bulletins, aimed at keeping trade associations, business representative bodies and business intermediaries up to date on the latest information and guidance for business on the UK exiting the EU.
The objective of this Bulletin is to signpost you to tools and resources to help you and your members prepare for the UK’s Exit from the EU.
EU Exit Business Readiness Forum
The next Forum will take place on Thursday 16th May and we will confirm whether this will be an event at the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) in London or solely a WebEx Webinar on Monday 13th May. This decision will be based on the parliamentary situation at the time. We apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause. If we do opt to hold an event at BEIS, you will still have the option to participate in the Forum remotely, via WebEx video conferencing. Invites will be sent to relevant organisations under separate cover.
If you have views about what it would be useful for the forums to focus on at future meetings, we would very much like to hear from you to help shape our future programme. We would also appreciate your views on whether you would like to see physical forum meetings continued or whether we should focus on WebEx remote meetings. Please email [email protected] with your suggestions and views.
Tools & Resources
Applications for Queen’s Awards for Enterprise 2020
Applications for the Queen’s Awards for Enterprise 2020 opened on 1 May 2019 and close on 10 September 2019. They are free to enter, and it is a self-nominating process. For more information and to apply, visit www.gov.uk/queens-awards-for-enterprise and don’t forget to let your stakeholders know that the applications are open.
Airbus/Boeing Dispute and the EU Consultation on Countermeasures
The European Commission has launched a public consultation on a preliminary list of products from the United States that may face countermeasures in response to the Airbus/Boeing disputes. Further information is here. The Department for International Trade will be hosting a Webinar for stakeholders affected by the countermeasures, this Thursday 9th May 11.30am-12.00pm. For further details or to join the Webinar please email [email protected].
Importing and Exporting
Department for International Trade published guidance explaining changes to exporting goods and services from the UK if we leave the EU with no deal – country by country guides: Exporting after EU Exit – Country by Country
Department for International Trade updated the consultation outcome to identify UK interest in existing EU trade remedy measures. Updates – Amendments to paragraph 27, 30 and table amendments: addition of Biodiesal AS644 and removal of low carbon ferro chrome: Call for evidence to identify UK interest in existing EU trade remedy measures
Workforce and People
Home Office published a report on the public test phase of the EU Settlement Scheme: EU Settlement Scheme public beta testing phase report
Home Office published a response to an inspection of the EU Settlement Scheme: Response to an inspection of the EU Settlement Scheme
Home Office updated guidance on the EU Settlement Scheme, ID document scanner locations. Updates – New ID Document scanner locations added: EU Settlement Scheme ID Document Scanner Locations
Home Office updated guidance on current expected processing times for applications to the EU Settlement Scheme. Updates – processing times: EU Settlement Scheme: application processing times
Cross Government guidance updated on visiting the UK after Brexit. Updates – School travellers guidance updated: Visiting the UK after Brexit
- what their business may need to do to prepare for the UK leaving the EU
- what’s changing in their sector
- information on specific rules and regulations
Businesses will need to answer 7 simple questions to get guidance relevant to their business.
Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy – Sector Primers
These sector primers aim to bring together on one webpage the top 3 – 5 issues for each sector and provide guidance. The primers link through to more detailed material elsewhere on GOV.UK. A final batch have now been published, please could you pass on to stakeholders and ask them to cascade through their networks. The sectors covered are:
- Aerospace: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-aerospace-sector-and-preparing-for-eu-exit
- Automotive: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-automotive-sector-and-preparing-for-eu-exit
- Chemicals: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-chemicals-sector-and-preparing-for-eu-exit
- Construction and Housing: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-construction-sector-and-preparing-for-eu-exit
- Consumer Goods: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-consumer-goods-sector-and-preparing-for-eu-exit
- Electricity incl. Renewables: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-electricity-sector-and-preparing-for-eu-exit
- Electronics, Machinery & Parts: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-electronics-machinery-and-parts-sector-and-preparing-for-eu-exit
- Gas Markets: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/gas-markets-and-preparing-for-eu-exit
- Life Sciences Sector: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-life-sciences-sector-and-preparing-for-eu-exit
- Mining and Non-metal Manufacturing: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/mining-the-manufacturing-of-non-metals-and-preparing-for-eu-exit
- Nuclear Sector: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-nuclear-sector-and-preparing-for-eu-exit
- Oil and Gas Production: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/oil-and-gas-production-and-preparing-for-eu-exit
- Parcel Delivery Services: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/parcel-delivery-services-and-preparing-for-eu-exit
- Professional & Business Services: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-professional-and-business-services-sector-and-preparing-for-eu-exit
- Research & Innovation: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-science-research-and-innovation-sector-and-preparing-for-a-no-deal-eu-exit
- Retail: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-retail-sector-and-preparing-for-eu-exit
- Space Sector: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-space-sector-and-preparing-for-eu-exit
- Steel: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/steel-and-other-metal-manufacturing-and-preparing-for-eu-exit
Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs – Sector Primers
- Fisheries Sector: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-fisheries-sector-and-preparing-for-eu-exit
- Food and Drink Sector: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-food-and-drink-sector-and-preparing-for-eu-exit
- Farming Sector: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-farming-sector-and-preparing-for-eu-exit
- Veterinary Sector: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-veterinary-sector-and-preparing-for-eu-exit
EU Exit: Business Intelligence and Engagement Team
Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
Email: [email protected]