Brexit Latest: EU Exit Business Readiness (3rd June 2019)
– 4 June 2019
Welcome to the latest in a series of business readiness bulletins, aimed at keeping trade associations, business representative bodies and business intermediaries up to date on the latest information and guidance for business on the UK exiting the EU.
The objective of this Bulletin is to signpost you to tools and resources to help you and your members prepare for the UK’s Exit from the EU.
EU Exit Business Readiness Forum
We will let you know as soon as possible with details regarding the date and time of the next forum.
If you have views about what would be useful for the Forums to focus on at future meetings, we would very much like to hear from you to help shape our future programme. We would also appreciate your views on whether you would like to see physical Forum meetings continued or whether we should focus on WebEx remote meetings. Please email [email protected] with your suggestions and views.
Regulations and Standards
NEW – Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy have published how companies can comply with UK accounting and reporting requirements after the UK leaves the EU: Accounting if there’s no Brexit deal.
NEW – Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy have published what audit firms, auditors, and those with an audit qualification should do to prepare before the UK leaves the EU: Auditing if there’s no Brexit deal.
Workforce and People
NEW – The Ministry of Defence have published guidance if the UK leaves the EU without a deal, there may be changes that affect your business: The defence sector and preparing for EU Exit.
Department for Transport have updated what bus and coach drivers from the UK may need to do to drive in the EU and EEA if the UK leaves the EU without a deal on 31 October 2019. Update – How to exchange a UK Driver CPC for an EU Driver CPC: Prepare to drive in the EU after Brexit: bus and coach drivers.
Department for Transport have updated what truck and lorry drivers from the UK may need to do to drive in the EU and EEA if the UK leaves the EU without a deal on 31 October 2019. Update – How to exchange a UK Driver CPC for an EU Driver CPC: Prepare to drive in the EU after Brexit: lorry and goods vehicle drivers.
NEW – Department for Transport have updated how leaving the EU without a deal will affect rail safety and technical standards, travelling by train and running a rail service: Rail transport, safety and technical standards if there’s no Brexit deal.
Home Office have updated the locations where you can go to get your biometric ID document scanned if you do not have an Android device with near field communication (NFC). Update – Updated list of locations: EU Settlement Scheme: ID document scanner locations.
Importing and Exporting
The Department for International Trade want to maintain continuity in the trade relationships between the UK and the CARIFORUM states. Update – References have been updated to the EU Exit date and to the number of countries who have signed the agreement: Continuing the UK’s trade relationship with the CARIFORUM states: parliamentary report.
NEW – Department for International Trade have published guidance explaining changes for UK exporters to Papua New Guinea if we leave the EU with no deal: Exporting to Papua New Guinea after EU Exit.
Animal and Plant Health Agency and the Department for Environment, Food, & Rural Affairs published current issues related to protecting plant health and trade of plants, fruit, vegetables or plant material including Xylella fastidiosa. Update – New commodities subject to import regulation from 1 September 2019 have been added: Protecting plant health: topical issues.
NEW – Department for International Trade have issued guidance explaining changes for UK exporters to Malta if we leave the EU with no deal: Exporting to Malta after EU Exit.
Cabinet Office have published the third European Union (Withdrawal) Act and Common Frameworks statutory report detailing the progress on the development of common frameworks. Update – PDF has been made accessible: European Union (Withdrawal) Act and Common Frameworks report.
- what their business may need to do to prepare for the UK leaving the EU
- what’s changing in their sector
- information on specific rules and regulations
Businesses will need to answer 7 simple questions to get guidance relevant to their business.
Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy – Sector Primers
These sector primers aim to bring together on one webpage the top 3 – 5 issues for each sector and provide guidance. The primers link through to more detailed material elsewhere on GOV.UK. A final batch have now been published, please could you pass on to stakeholders and ask them to cascade through their networks. The sectors covered are:
- Aerospace: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-aerospace-sector-and-preparing-for-eu-exit
- Automotive: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-automotive-sector-and-preparing-for-eu-exit
- Chemicals: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-chemicals-sector-and-preparing-for-eu-exit
- Construction and Housing: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-construction-sector-and-preparing-for-eu-exit
- Consumer Goods: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-consumer-goods-sector-and-preparing-for-eu-exit
- Electricity incl. Renewables: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-electricity-sector-and-preparing-for-eu-exit
- Electronics, Machinery & Parts: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-electronics-machinery-and-parts-sector-and-preparing-for-eu-exit
- Gas Markets: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/gas-markets-and-preparing-for-eu-exit
- Life Sciences Sector: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-life-sciences-sector-and-preparing-for-eu-exit
- Mining and Non-metal Manufacturing: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/mining-the-manufacturing-of-non-metals-and-preparing-for-eu-exit
- Nuclear Sector: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-nuclear-sector-and-preparing-for-eu-exit
- Oil and Gas Production: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/oil-and-gas-production-and-preparing-for-eu-exit
- Parcel Delivery Services: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/parcel-delivery-services-and-preparing-for-eu-exit
- Professional & Business Services: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-professional-and-business-services-sector-and-preparing-for-eu-exit
- Research & Innovation: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-science-research-and-innovation-sector-and-preparing-for-a-no-deal-eu-exit
- Retail: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-retail-sector-and-preparing-for-eu-exit
- Space Sector: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-space-sector-and-preparing-for-eu-exit
- Steel: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/steel-and-other-metal-manufacturing-and-preparing-for-eu-exit
Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs – Sector Primers
- Fisheries Sector: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-fisheries-sector-and-preparing-for-eu-exit
- Food and Drink Sector: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-food-and-drink-sector-and-preparing-for-eu-exit
- Farming Sector: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-farming-sector-and-preparing-for-eu-exit
- Veterinary Sector: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-veterinary-sector-and-preparing-for-eu-exit
EU Exit: Business Intelligence and Engagement Team
Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
Email: [email protected]