Minutes of Meetings & Register of Interests
The LEP publishes minutes and papers for Board Meetings and Investment Panel Meetings, as they both involve decisions about public money. We also publish the minutes of the LEP’s Scrutiny Committee.
The LEP will meet the timelines set out in the government’s best practice guidance on governance and transparency. This means that meeting agendas and papers will be published 5 clear working days before the meeting takes place. Draft minutes of Board and Investment Panel meetings will be published within 10 working days of the meeting taking place. The final minutes of Board and Investment Panel meetings will be published within 10 working days of being approved. Any declaration of interest made at the meeting will be be included in the minutes of the meeting.
Information not to be placed in the public domain
Where the LEP is aware that it holds “confidential information” under The Local Authorities (Executive Arrangements) (Meetings and Access to Information) (England) Regulations 2012, this information will remain confidential. This includes:
- Information provided by a government department on terms which forbid the disclosure of the information to the public;
- Where disclosure to the public is prohibited by a court or;
- Where the Local Enterprise Partnership holds “exempt information” under Schedule 12A of the Local Government Act 1972. This includes information relating to an individual, relating to the financial or business affairs of a particular person, negotiations, labour relations, legal professional privilege and in connection to the investigation or prosecution of a crime.
Papers for meetings will be marked as Part 1 (Public) or Part 2 (Non Public) with Part 2 papers being designated as containing confidential information. For any paper designated as Part 2 the reason for inclusion as such must be provided with the meeting papers.
All Board meetings will be held at Cumbria LEP, Redhills, Penrith, Cumbria CA11 0DT
Dates of 2018 Board Meetings
- 19 January
- 16 March
- 20 April
- 18 May
- 13 July
- 28 September
- 23 November
Agendas and Minutes for 2018 Board Meetings
- LEP AGM presentations
- Agreed AGM Minutes 28 September 2018
- Agreed Board Meeting Minutes 28th September 2018
- AGM Agenda 28 September 2018
- Agenda of Board Meeting – 28th September 2018
- Board Meeting Minutes – 13 July 2018
- Agenda of Board Meeting – 13th July 2018
- Board Meeting Minutes – 15th June 2018
- Agenda of Board Meeting – 15th June 2018
- Board Meeting Minutes – 18 May 2018
- Agenda of Board Meeting – 18th May 2018
- Board Meeting Minutes – 20th April 2018
- Agenda of Board Meeting – 20th April 2018
- Board Meeting Minutes – 16 March 2018
- Agenda of Board Meeting – 16 March 2018
- Board Meeting Minutes – 28 Feb 2018
- Board Meeting Minutes – 19 Jan 2018
- draft Board Meeting Minutes – 23 Nov 2018
Minutes of 2017 Board Meetings
- Board Meeting Minutes – 27 January 2017
- Board Meeting Minutes – 31 March 2017
- Board Meeting Minutes – 19 May 2017
- Board Meeting Minutes – 21 July 2017
- Board Meeting Minutes – 22 Sepember 2017
- Board Meeting Minutes- 17 November 2017
Details of earlier Board meetings can be found here.
Register of Board Member’s Interests
All Board members must register any private interests, both financial and non financial, that relate to their LEP duties. Board members must review their individual register of interest before each Board meeting and decision making committee, and declare any relevant interests at the start of the meeting. Unless special permission has been granted, a Board member must not participate in any discussion of, or vote on, any matter in which he or she has a financial interest. You can view see our board members and view their individual declarations of interest by clicking here.
Investment Panel Meetings
Cumbria LEP has responsibility for overseeing the delivery of a number of funding and finance programmes. The LEP Board delegates decision making to the Investment Panel whose purpose is to provide oversight of the successful investment of these funding programmes to further the ambitions of Cumbria LEP’s Strategic Economic Plan.
The Panel aims to ensure the best use of public funding to support economic development, ensure robust and transparent appraisal processes are adhered to and report on progress to the LEP Board.
Investment Panel Members
- Jackie Arnold – Private Sector Member – Chair
- Alison Hatcher – Public Sector
- Steve Curl – Private Sector Member
- Simon Sjenitzer – Private Sector Member
- Peter Hensman – Private Sector Member
- David Southward – Public Sector Member
- Ruth Pugsley – Department for Communities and Local Government
Minutes of Investment Panel Meetings
- 05.12.18 Investment Panel Agenda
- 07.11.18 Investment Panel Minutes (draft)
- 07.11.18 Investment Panel Agenda
- 12.09.18 Investment Panel Minutes
- 12.09.18 Investment Panel Agenda
- 22.05.18 Investment Panel Minutes
- 22.05.18 Investment Panel Agenda
- 28.03.18 Investment Panel Minutes
- 28.03.18 Investment Panel Agenda
- 20.2.18 Investment Panel Minutes
- 20.02.18 Investment Panel Agenda
- 7.11.17 Investment Panel Agenda
- 15.8.17 Investment Panel Minutes
- 15.8.17 Investment Panel Agenda
- 18.4.17 Investment Panel Minutes
- 18.4.17 Investment Panel Agenda
- 21.3.17 Investment Panel Minutes
- 21.3.17 Investment Panel Agenda
- 17.1.17 Investment Panel Minutes
- 17.01.17 Investment Panel Agenda
Details of earlier Investment Panel Meetings can be found here.
Scrutiny Committee Meetings
The Scrutiny Committee’s role is to independently scrutinise the activities of the LEP. The Scrutiny Committee is made up of 3 representatives of councils who are not currently on the LEP Board, plus 3 private sector representatives.
Minutes of Scrutiny Committee Meetings